Elizabeth G. C. Haglind, Endocrinology Clinic of Minneapolis, Edina, MN
Dr. Elizabeth Haglind is an Endocrinologist in private practice since 2009. She currently works in a group practice setting, Endocrinology clinic of Minneapolis. Prior to joining this practice, she worked at HealthEast Care System in St Paul, Minnesota. Dr. Haglind attended medical school at MS Ramaiah Medical College and Internal medicine residency at Airforce hospital in Bangalore, India. She started her Endocrinology fellowship in UK and moved to Mayo Clinic in 2003. She completed Endocrine fellowship at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota and joined private practice afterwards. Dr. Haglind was awarded distinction in Medicine and First rank in MD Internal Medicine at Bangalore University. She received the Donald Feist award for Clinical excellence at the Mayo Clinic. She was active in research and teaching at Mayo Clinic. Dr. Haglind's practice focuses on thyroid disease, osteoporosis, obesity, diabetes, pituitary and gonadal disease.
After this session, attendees will be able to:
- Understand what factors to consider when starting a practice including establishing a practice development plan, financial management and profitability, and human resources.
- Should include advice for private practice and academia
- Identify things that trainees should look for in a contract (i.e. things that should be included in every contract)
- Identify aspects of the contract that are usually negotiable; this includes obvious things like salary, and less obvious things like teaching time, restrictive covenants, etc.
- Identify "red flags" that trainees should look for in a contract and in a department/practice i.e. a lot of turnover, bad malpractice coverage, etc.
- Provide tips on how to negotiate for the things that are most important to you, and how much flexibility you can expect.